What is Acid Reflux and GERD?
Heartburn Remedies What Is The Best (🔴 Heartburn Naturally) | Heartburn Remedies Home Remedies Forhow to Heartburn Remedies for Acid reflux is a common condition with burning pain in the lower chest area, known as heartburn. It happens when stomach acid flows back up into the esophagus or food pipe. Reflux occurs when the valve that keeps the contents of your stomach from flowing up into your esophagus stops functioning properly.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is diagnosed when acid reflux occurs more than twice a week.
What causes Acid Reflux and GERD?
Watch the video below to see the difference between a good valve and a bad valve.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
Mild symptoms of acid reflux include heartburn and regurgitation the 1 last update 12 Jul 2020 on occasion, perhaps after indulging in a heavy meal or greasy or acidic foods. Severe chronic GERD sufferers can experience symptoms as often as several times a week or even daily.Mild symptoms of acid reflux include heartburn and regurgitation on occasion, perhaps after indulging in a heavy meal or greasy or acidic foods. Severe chronic GERD sufferers can experience symptoms as often as several times a week or even daily.
Common GERD symptoms include the following:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Excessive salivation
- Regurgitation Gas and bloating
- Pain or discomfort in the chest
- Intolerance of certain foods and liquid
- Bad breath or a sour taste in the mouth
Less-common GERD symptoms include the following:
- Hoarseness or laryngitis
- Frequent swallowing
- Asthma or asthma-like symptoms
- Excessive clearing of the throat
- Chronic dry, irritated, or sore throat
- Persistent cough
- Burning in the mouth or throat (acid taste in the mouth)
- Dental erosions or therapy-resistant gum disease or inflammation
- Discomfort in the ears and nose
- Trouble sleeping